Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rice Girl tattoo

Rice Girl tattoo

Koi are considered to be one of the most beautiful fish to keep in the pond. Caring for them can be a lot of hard work, but when they are raised in an ideal environment, they give off such vibrant colors that a Zen-like atmosphere is immediately created in the garden.

The Japanese koi carp are known throughout the world as a beautiful fish with bright vivid colors and unique-looking markings. No one can really be certain about its history and when the transformation of colors truly began. The koi have gone through various stages of evolution and migration. There have been debates about where they originated and how they came to be the revered.

Rice Girl tattooI am doing something a little different with this book review. First, it's two reviews in one, the first two parts of a trilogy by Stieg Larsson: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire. Second, I am focusing on the lessons that we can learn from these books because it's true that art does imitate life.

I don't like hype, and any book that too many people are talking about I try to avoid them, but for some reason I relented and read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. At 841 pages this is not a short book. Over the Internet many were saying that this was a book that they could not put down, but I did when I had things to do. There are other books that I have read that I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. because I just had to know how it ended. For me, this wasn't any of those books. The Girl Who Played With Fire weighed in at 724 pages, not that much shorter.